Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mul Mantra



Ek Ong Kar
Sat Naam
Kartaa Purkh, Nirbhao Nirvair

Akaal Murat
Ajuni, Saibhang Guru Prasaad Jaap

Aad Sach, Jugaad Sach
Hai Bhee Sach, Nanak Ho Si Bhee Sach
Nanak Ho Si Bhee Sach

Repeat

Ek Ong Kar
One Creator, Creation

Sat Nam
Truth is God's Name


Kartaa Purkh
Doer of everything


Nirbhao
Fearless


Nirvair
Revengeless


Akaal Moorat
Undying


Ajoonee
Unborn


Saibhang
Self Illumined


Gur Prasaad
It is by Guru's Grace


Jap
Repeat and Meditate!


Aad Sach
True in the beginning


Jugaad Sach
True trough all the ages


Hai Bhee Sach
True even now


Nanak Hosee Bhee Sach
Nanak says Truth shall ever be.





Mul means root, it has a similar etymological origin to the Punjabi language word Muli which means white radish. A Mantar or Mantra is "an empowering formula for repetition". The Mul Mantra is thus the root statement of Sikhism



This is a mantra which is in my head lately.  This song just makes me feel good and helps me to get over a bad mood.
Well I just hope it will make you feel good as well. 




Have a nice Sunday
♥♥♥

10 comments:

  1. hope yr bad mood has mellowed. thanks. as you know, i love this woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it Marianne, I am with Janet and the boys this weekend and no quietless time to listen to this, but I'm an ashram girl from way back and I delight in knowing you have this mantra. I love to chant, love to find calmness in this way.

    There is a place near me called kripalu. No doubt suki knows of it. What a collective time that would be!

    Love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how music can completely change your mood. Thank you for sharing this! Happy week - xo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it. this will carry me through monday work day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this marianne. thank you.

    now where did my previous comment go, the one i left about my life in ashrams and how much i love to chant?


    kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi KJ, now that is strange..........indeed your comment is gone. I have read it.
    I think I am missing a few others now as well.
    Grrrrrrrr for blogger.
    My comments are very precious to me so I don't like them disappearing :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad moods are terrible, glad your's is going away

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Thank you for this, it may help with the dog :-). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog- really enjoyed reading it. Have bookmarked you and will check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...
    cheap flights to phuket
    cheap flights to cebu
    cheap flights to osaka

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)