Friday, February 20, 2009

Work in Progress

When you see this, tomorrow, I will be working, flying from Cape Town home. This mandala is not finished yet. I started this one here in Cape Town. Normally I can't show any mandalas in progress but this one is just a mandala for myself. Strange enough I made a mistake in it and made myself 20 years older......... Not meant to be I guess, but I like the result. No idea what to do with this one.......A mandala in watercolor (Inktense) pencils. I have to work on some details like the turtles and the snake. So I guess I still will have to make a real birthmandala for myself................one day. Have a nice day! Als je deze ziet morgen, ben ik aan t werk of al weer in Nederland. Deze mandala is nog niet klaar. ik ben er in Kaapstad aan begonnen, normaal kan ik nooit werk in uitvoering laten zien, want het is altijd voor iemand bestemd, maar deze is voor mezelf. Een mandala gemaakt met aquarelpotloden (Inktense) en ook nog eens met een fout erin. Ik had mezelf ineens 20 jaar ouder gemaakt........, maar gek genoeg vind ik hem wel mooi deze mandala van een niet bestaand persoon.. Ik moet nog verder werken aan de schildpad en de slang, maar ja wat doe ik er dan mee? Ik zal dus nog steeds mijn eigen geboortemandala moeten maken..........ooit. Een fijne dag!

7 comments:

  1. hi marianne!
    oh i love it and that it is for you!
    have a safe and easy trip home!
    xoxox
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing works in process. Your statement about making yourself a birth mandala is so common, isn't it? Here we always say, 'the cobbler's children go shoeless and the physician's children are ill". In your case, the mandala artist is without a birth mandala. :)

    I can't imagine this makes you older, but this is truly beautiful. I can't wait to see it completed.

    As always beautiful work, Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. die mandala lyk baie jonk en nie oud nie. ek hoop die reis gaan goed, en dat jy lekker rustig by die huis aankom. liefs en wfs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can anything so beautiful be considered a mistake? I love that you're trying to work on a birth mandala for yourself. Hurray!!
    I know you'll start over, but this one should still be treasured when it's done ;)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marianne!!! wishing you a wonderful trip home...this is a beautiful piece...wonderful work as always!!!

    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are safe at home by now. This mandala is so pretty already you could call it done. but I know you won't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Packed of love and energy!
    No wonder you reserve this piece for yourself.
    It's just a little masterpiece that you will carry along:)
    Journey mercy while travelling Marianne^^
    Love,
    Yoon See

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)