Monday, December 10, 2007

red

Red, color of power and passion, love, blood, energy and life force. But also the color of aggression, death and danger. A color that says: watch out! Research shows that if you look at the color red brains become more active, and it provides an adrenaline rush. One thing about the color red: It's never wishy-washy. The color portrays dominance, power, and attention. Red is said to stimulate faster heartbeat and breathing. Because of red's visibility, stop signs, stoplights, brake lights, and fire engines are traditionally red. Use the color to grab attention and get people to take action. Indeed, a little bit of red can go a long way. We also need the color red to ground in everyday life and for a sense of security. Red is associated with the root-chakra, the Muladhara and with the number 1. The red mandala above I painted for myself, because all the numbers of my date of birth added together makes 10=1, that´s my birth number birth number, according to numerology Because I think that I can always use some extra energy , I thought a red mandala was just fine for me. Except that the mandala gives me energy, it brings me peace as well. Actually it gives me a feeling of balance.

Here are the links: Red ,Muladhara, numerology, wikipedia,

2 comments:

  1. I never liked red until after I turned 40. Then I started to love it and acquire pieces of red clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)