Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lotus

The last picture of Lotus. Yesterday I buried my sweet Lotus, 17 years old. 17 Years ago we got her and her brother from the shelter. They were farm-cats, sick and shy. Lotus and her brother Maan (Moon) turned out happy and healthy cats and they were so gentle, not the average barncat but with aristocratic blood in their veins. Maan died two years ago. I buried Lotus next to Nisse who was the love of her life. Today I bought a pink camelia for her. It hurts to loose a dear pet, but I am also grateful for all the sweetness, fun and love she surrounded me with all these years. Thanks little princes.

5 comments:

  1. 17 years is an amazing lifespan. so sorry to hear about your little lotus dying, r.i.p.
    thanx for visiting my site,after reading your posts, i feel we are going to be new friends. i was born in south africa and lived there for 38 years before coming to london, so i will also be reading the dutch version of your blog and trying to understand it. i am adding your blog to my list of favourites, so i can visit you often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you say you have two shi tsus as well? what are their names? i would love to see a photo of them on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lotus was so pretty. And you honor her with the beautiful plant. It is sad to say goodbye to beloved pets. May she be in cat heaven with lots of tuna fish and catnip balls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss of Lotus. It sounds like she had a wonderful 17 years though which I know won't make you feel any better but still...she will be happy in her kitty afterlife I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry about your beloved cat. it's so wonderful you were able to give her such a loving home and that she shared her life and gentle spirit with you. my heart is with you....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)