Monday, October 20, 2008

Cactus Monday (#7)

I'm still in Rotterdam and have no access here to my photos, so I made this cactus drawing this morning with my non-dominant hand (left). Normally I don't like drawing with pencils, because I never like the result. With my left hand it is ok and I am not so hard on myself about the result. I see now that the pot is not symmetrycal, but since it is done with my left hand I can live with that. Maybe I can live my life left-handed? Ik ben nog in Rotterdam en heb hier geen toegang tot mijn foto's, dus heb ik vanmorgen dee tekening gemaakt met mijn linker hand. Normaal gesproken hou ik niet van tekenen, omdat het resultaat me nooit bevalt. Met mijn linker hand ben i sneller tevreden en niet zo kritisch. Ik zie nu wel dat de pot helemaal niet symmetrisch is (iets waar ik normaal helemaal niet tegen kan, maar wat ik nu wel kan accepteren. Misschien kan ik mijn leven ook eens een poosje links leiden?

14 comments:

  1. Whether done with your left or right hand this is very good. I really like the black paper. Happy Cactus Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. The great thing about drawing is it is so portable. No machines needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Marianne!
    I LOVE your cactus drawing! you are so talented!
    I am going to have to try to draw with my left hand. You are so creative!
    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS! I think you should create a series of left-hand drawings. It sounds like it frees you up and allows you to accept a few imperfections...which are really the warmth of a piece, don't you think?

    I Love This, Marianne!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....left handed???? You're good!
    This is a beauty! HCM Marianne!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ek dink dat jou linker hand net so goed as jou regte hand! en die swart papier is wonderlik. hcm en wfs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! your non-dominant hand?!! This is great! You are really ambidextrous!

    HCM

    ReplyDelete
  8. really love this drawing...wonderful color and spirit--like you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The black paper is a fave of mine also...really makes thing energetic.... I love this...delicate and delightful...Rock on with that non dominant hand! :)
    HCM fellow cacuteer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my. You draw better with your left than I do with my right. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe you CAN live left-handed!!! Neat pic...amazing actually! HCM, late!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow! I couldnt draw a square with my left hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pot is not symmetrical... that's perfectly fine. Maybe your reaction is a result of the symmetry you are always achieving in your mandala making. Asymmetrical gives the pot character and a handmade pottery feel.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)