Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Other Art Supplies

I'm in Singapore at the moment and today I thought it would be cool to shop for art supplies here. I really need to go to Rotterdam, to Harolds to buy some things I need. Here in Singapore I went to the Bras Basah Complex, which is called heaven for book lovers. I went to several art sypply stores. Chen Soon Lee Book Stamp & Coin Centre had the most fabulous brushes I have ever seen. Ik ben in Singapore en het leek me leuk om hier eens naar kunstenaarsbenodigdheden winkel te gaan. Ik moet eigenlijk weer eens naar Rotterdam, naar Harolds om spullen te kopen die ik nodig heb. Hier in Singapore ben ik naar het Bras Basah Complex gegaan wat een walhalla is voor boekliefhebbers. Ik ben allerlei schilderwinkels in gegaan. Bij Chen Soon Lee Book Stamp & Coin Centre heb ik de meest waanzinnige kwasten gezien! I have a few of these brushes at home, but I can not really use them for my mandalas. The people in the shop were very friendly and I was allowed to take pictures. Ik heb een aantal van deze penselen thuis, maar ik kan ze niet gebruiken voor mijn mandala's. De mensen in de winkel waren erg aardig en vonden het geen probleem dat ik foto's nam. I tried the brushes on this wonder paper. You use the brush with water and it turns black on the paper. When dry the black disappears and you can use it over and over again. They call it practice paper. Ik mocht de kwasten proberen op dit wonderpapier. Je gebruikt water en het wordt zwart op het papier. Wanneer het opdroogt verdwijnt de kleur en kun je het steeds weer opnieuw gebruiken. Ze noemde het oefenpapier. For me this works better than a candy store! Dit is als een snoepjeswinkel voor mij! To my surprise I found some things I can use. Small canvasses (7 x 5 cm), gold and silver paint. A nice porcelain dish for paint and some Japanese cards, almost too beautiful to use. I can't wait to start! Tot mijn verbazing vond ik er ook nog dingen die ik kon gebruiken. Kleine doekjes (7 x 5 cm), goud en zilver verf (had ik nodig) een porceleinen schaaltje voor verf en Japanse kaarten om te beschilderen. Mijn handen jeuken!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Marianne!

    I have to say I agree with you that visiting art shops are a lot more fun than candy stores! Sometimes I think I irritate the people around me by spending so much time looking at (and as my son says "touching") everything.

    Now I can't wait to see how you use these lovely little canvases and the twinkly paint!

    Thanks for sharing and have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne, what a great shop. I love those giant brushes especially. Glad you found some fun art supplies you can use. That self correcting paper is cool. I once found some greeting cards made from similar paper that you paint with water and it later disappears. Great for those who worry about making a "mistake." Enjoy the rest of your trip. Namaste, Suki

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi marianne!
    oh my goodness! your photos made my whole day. just seeing them makes me feel like i am there.
    how absolutely fun!
    xo
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Zo te zien en te lezen ben je in het shoppingwalhalla. Heerlijk!!! Ik hoop dat je ook een beetje tot rust komt daar.

    Geniet van al het heerlijks!

    Liefs,
    Muktha

    ReplyDelete
  5. jy is korrekt, dit is veel beter dan n muwe rok te koop, of iets vir die kinders. jy gaan mooi prente mak met dit, en al daardie borsels, nooit so veel op een plek gesien nie.liefs en wfs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you lucky girl...Singapore...what fun and I am so thrilled you share all these adventures with us...

    oh wow..can you send me some cool supplies...lol

    Wonderful and so nice to see you having so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marianne,

    Oh, I agree about the candy stores! That looks such fun!

    Thanks for sharing that feast!

    Arohanui,

    Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim,
    Lucky that I am alone, so I won't irritate anyone and I can take my time :)

    Hi Suki,
    I wonder what they do with those giant brushes....... There was one outside as big as me!

    It is good to have you here Melissa! Love your new thumbnail with Emmitt popping out of the envelope!

    He Muktha,
    Het is wel even lekker om helemaal mijn eigen gangetje te gaan.
    Er is hier weer veel veranderd.....

    Ja leuk he Soulbrush, kleren heb je op een bepaald moment wel genoeg, maar schildersspullen.......

    Hi Diana,
    I'm having a good time here. But I start to long for home as well.....

    Hi Lesley,
    Nice to see you here!
    Today I took a long walk here and saw all kinds of colorful sights.
    Especially in Chinatown.


    Thanks everyone for being here with me!
    love >M<

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)