Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Mandala!

Today Miriam and her husband came to visit us. We had a mandala exchange! Miriam and I are members from a Yahoo mandala group and we met for the first time this year. We had a wonderful time today, we had lunch in the garden. It was a lovely day! This is Miriam´s mandala for me. Isn´t it wonderful?! I love the colors and the details. 7 purple little cats, 5 blue flowers (no idea what they are called in english) and the blue sky, the rainbow. All so very appealing to me. I'm so very happy with it! Now I have a real Miriam Mandala! I told you it was my lucky week. I nearly forgot to mention the lucky clover in the middle! Tomorrow I will show you my mandala for Miriam. Vandaag zijn Miriam en haar man langs geweest. we hadden een mandala ruil afgesproken. Miriam en ik zijn al jaren lid van een Yahoo mandala group en hebben elkaar dit jaar voor het eerst ontmoet. Dit is de tweede keer dat we elkaar zagen. We hebben geluncht in de tuin, het was een prachtige dag. Het was weer kei gezellig! Dit is de mandala die Miriam voor mij gemaakt heeft. Is die niet geweldig?! Ik vind de kleuren heerlijk, het rood het blauw en de gebruikte symbolen: de 7 paarse katjes, de regenboog,de ouroboros, de riddersporen en de blauwe lucht. Alles spreekt me enorm aan. Ik ben er super blij mee! Ik heb nu een echte Miriam Mandala! Ik heb je toch gezegd, dit is mijn geluksweek. Ik was bijna het geluksklavertje vergeten te vermelden in het midden! Morgen laat ik mijn mandala aan haar zien.

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful mandala. She also gave you a four leaf clover for luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat that you and Miriam met through an online group and now meet in person to make mandalas. Her mandala for you looks so clean and fresh, like a tidy house. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so neat to meet an 'old friend' for the first time. It is so exciting to meet someone from an art group.

    She gave you a beautiful mandala!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! The blue flowers look like grape hyacinths. What is your name for them?
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Lisa I nearly forgot to mention that!!!!

    Hi Suki,
    We met for the 2nd time. This year our group came together in memory of Anne-Mieke, who passed away this year. This time we met to exchange our mandala's.

    Thanks Teri, she sure did.

    Hi Cynthia, my translator tells larkspur.......... is that a flower?
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marianne,

    This is really lovely. I also like the way she has put this together and created a mandala which says "Marianne" to her. I particularly like the influence of red...wonder where that came from? :)

    Thanks Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all the elements are dancing together so harmoniously... like your balanced and wonderful personality...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)