Monday, September 22, 2008

Picnic time!!!! (+HCM)

Hi everyone! Glad so many of you could come! What did I bring? First of all this pink basket! So cute! I'm sure you will also have brought some baskets. You can never have enough plates....... Hallo allemaal! Fijn dat jullie allemaal konden komen! Wat heb ik meegebracht? Ten eerste deze roze picnic mand. So leuk! Jullie hebben vast ook manden meegenomen, maar je kunt nooit genoeg borden hebben. I cooked mussels. I decided to bring specialities from the region in which I live. These are very famous here and although I am not a kitchen princess, this is one of the things I can prepare well.(If I may say so). (Ps: I always add a little wine or beer when cooking them) Ik heb mosselen gekookt. Ik heb besloten om allerlei Zeeuwse specialiteiten mee te nemen. En hoewel ik geen keuken prinses ben kan ik mosselen wel lekker klaarmaken (al zeg ik het zelf). PS: ik kook ze altijd wel met een beetje bier of witte wijn) Buttercandies, a real treat from Zeeland. Zeeuwse babbelaars, en echte traktatie. Bolussen, of course bought at "the Stadsbakkerij", who has won a prize for making the best ones! Bolussen, natuurlijk gekocht bij de stadsbakkerij, die de lekkerste maakt en daar ook een prijs voor heeft gewonnen! Some other goodies from here. Ander lekkers van hier. I'll take Sjimmie along for the entertainment. And he loves empty bread baskets! Ik neem Sjimmie mee om jullie te vermaken. Hij is gek op broodmandjes! And Koekie and Droppie, just in case Emmitt shows up! And to play with Snuffles! En Koekie en Droppie, voor het geval Emmitt op komt dagen! En om met Snuffles te spelen! And for all the cactuteers who are coming some cactus figs, which I bought at the market here. ( I have tasted my first cactus fruit!) Happy cactus monday! And Enjoy our picnic! En voor de cactuteers die langs komen cactus vijgen, die ik hier op de markt heb gekocht (en voor het eerst heb gegeten!) Happy cactus monday! En geniet van de picnic! Indian Summer Picnic I'll put your link here if you join the picnic! Ik zal je link hier plaatsen als je ook meedoet aan de picnic! Muse Swings don't forget to stop there she has the transport to all the other sites! Soulbrush Bibi Debra Kay Trish Janeen Karla Lily Hydrangea Kalianne Marie Lavinia Shelly Sparky Stevie Kim Margaret If your name is missing please leave a message!

20 comments:

  1. what a fabulous spread, wish i was there! and i love prickly pears, yum yum.
    jy kan sien ons word wakker voor die amerikaanse vriende, want ek gaan my piekniek tekening nou ook doen! liefs en wfs van jou baie gelukkige en rustige vriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, Marianne! This is absolutely gorgeous. I have to say I adore mussels...they are one of my favorite meals ever! So your contribution is so delightful to me. I love also seeing the other wonderful things from your area. Those butter candies also look yummy. If you visit my blog, you can see the contributions from Andrea and me.

    This is such a great idea.

    Thanks Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi marianne!
    oh what fun! everything looks so delicious and your mussel dish is so beautiful it should be in a magazine!
    xo
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, my mouth is absolutely watering all over the keyboard. Everything looks delicious and that pink picnic basket is awesome. Wherever did you find that? Lovely share for both the eyes and the tummy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Mussels are my favourite. With wine---yes please!

    YOur dogs will have a lot of fun playing with my dog, Bebbers, who is also at the picnic.

    Your kitten Sjimmie is so cute....maybe he could hide in the basket if the dogs chase him!

    I have never had cactus fruit, but I am willing to try....

    You have made some wonderful contributions to the picnic here. I am having such a wonderful time today....

    and...so nice to meet you.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marianne, thank you for stoppin by my corner of the picnic. I notice the resemblance of our dogs too. My dog is a shih-tzu. He is a big one. Some people think he is a Lhasa Apso. What about your two cuties?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marianne! Thank you so much for bringing the beautiful picnic basket. The mussels are sooo delicious! Perfect picnic! The cactus figs are very good - I've not had one before. It's always fun to try something new. If you'd like to hop in my plane I'm on my way to Australia for a few minutes.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my stars, that pink picnic basket is to envy! So cute! I've never had cactus figs before, thanks for sharing the little beauties! And your little kitten in the basket is simply adorable! Nice to meet you too! Have a great day!
    Janeen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What delightful treats! I am enthralled to have learned a bit about special dutch foods. I will have to browse through your mandalas. I do very simple ones as well. They are so relaxing and soothing:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...what a picnic you put together!!! Hope you liked your first cactus fruit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sjimmie is adorable, we'll all keep a careful eye on him around the doggies! What a wonderful spread! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Kalianne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Mariannie, thank you so much for the invitation to Zeeland! I've always wanted to visit your country. Let me try some of your mussels, yummy. And that butter candy is to die for! Bolussen's Stadsbakkerij are so good! Your puppy and kitty are the cutiest!

    Thanks for coming to the party at my lakeside picnic area. Some of us are going to have a bonfire there tonight. Throw on your sweater and mittens and join us. We are going to sing some old camp songs and have hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOh I love mussels! so tasty and fresh. & your kitty is oh so precious too, does she get along with your dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello again, I came back for more goodies! I heard they are they are having a bon fire across the lake, let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sun is just now setting in the desert...Sky all peachy and lavender...Are there any cactus figs left??? If ther are..Toss me one and maybe another for TeriC...I'll save it for her until she arrive back in AZ...A Happy Cactus Monday sunset to you! :)
    This has been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marianne, what a FABULOUS Picnic!!!! Thank you for inviting me and bringing Sjimmie too. Everything looks so beautiful!

    And Happy cactus monday. Save me a cactus fig also. Or maybe Margaret fot one for me already.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marianne, you are too generous and giving at your wonderful picnic. Oh such delectables. I'm sorry I could not join you all, but a bit discombobulated y'day re: return from trip. But can enjoy after the fact. What fun. Love the pink and white basket. And kitty and doggies. Well, All. Fun to see special foods that come from or are made in your city.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I knew I wouldn't have time to participate in the picnic, but I'm sure having tons of fun visiting all of you who put this together! What a neat, fun idea!
    HCM!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ek het weer na jou mandjie kom kyk, dis die mooiste pienk maandjie ek ooit gesien het. ek dink dat ons pielniek dae is amper verby en winter gaan nou gou gou kom! liefs en wfs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by my blog for the picnic. I hope you'll come again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)