Thursday, December 27, 2007

1001 Symbols


One of my Christmas gifts this year was a book of symbols,1001 Symbols by Jack Tresidder, a present from Myrthe(thanks again!) In my mandalas I always use symbols, some are known to me some are new. I always look up the meaning afterwards to give my intuïtion a change first. There is a lot to be found on symbols on the internet and at home I have several books as well. What you can't see on the picture is that there are all kinds of gold symbols on the cover; very lovely. Which brings me to the first symbol I want to show you : Gold
GOLD - most common alchemical and astrological symbol - background features astrological and alchemical charts Gold is one of the seven metals of alchemy (gold, silver, mercury, copper, lead, iron & tin). For the alchemist, it represented the perfection of all matter on any level, including that of the mind, spirit, and soul. The symbol for gold could also be used to represent the sun in astrology.

I use a lot of gold paint and sometimes gold leaf in my mandalas as well and I have used the alchemical symbol in on of my mandalas, Chris.

Gold
Chris
1001 symbols

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)