Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Orchids

I noticed some orchid lovers among you so here is a mandala I painted a while ago for Marlou. Marlou wants to emigrate to Finland, I wanted to paint a nordic mandala but it turned out completely tropical......... Het viel me op dat er nogal wat orchidee liefhebbers onder jullie zijn , dus hier een mandala die ik een tijdje geleden heb geschilderd voor Marlou. Marlou wil ooit emigreren naar Finland. Ik wilde een noordelijke mandala schilderen, had ideeen over poolvossen etc, maar de mandala werd compleet tropisch......... Phaelaenopsis (butterfly) Orchid , symbol of love and beauty. Phaelaenopsis (vlinder orchidee), symbool van liefde en schoonheid. This orchid was a gift from my Finnish friend Aulikki. Deze orchidee heb ik van mijn Finse vriendin Aulikki gekregen. In Bangkok I bought a huge box with orchids! In Bangkok heb ik een grote doos orchideeen gekocht. Orchids everywhere! Het hele huis staat vol! I love orchids! Ik hou van orchideeen!

10 comments:

  1. hi marianne!
    your orchids are just amazing!
    i love the mandala! wow! youare so talented!
    xo
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne,

    I love this mandala a lot. The orchids are a wonderful idea for contemplation, don't you think. And you did find some incredible orchids. They are truly an interesting flower.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely orchid work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marianne, you are the orchid queen for sure. The mandala is beautiful and will bring warmth to her as she sits in COLD Finland. Orchids all die on me. YOu must have wonderful temp and light in your house. Thanks for the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mooi mandala, dis so moeilik wanneer n vriend weggaan...kan jy die orchidee terug bring na hollands toe? hulle is vrolik.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marianne...your Orchids are stunning!!! they are my favorite flowers because they last so long....I had a plant that just lost it's last flower last week...it bloomed from January till now...now that is an amazing plant!!!

    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are gorgeous. The mandala is gorgeous! Great post Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I have had no luck with orchard plants, so between your lovely and dynamic art and those beautiful pictures that you took as well... I am terribly green with envy.
    Thanks so much for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orchids, orchids, everywhere! In your house and your mandala, and in your head!!! LOL! Sweet!!! Nice design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mandala is beautiful Marianne. Ilike the butterflies on it too.

    The orchid from your Finnish friend looks like it has big red lips behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The orchid mandala is breathtaking! I am an orchid lover and added space to my lanai so I would have a nice place for all of them to grow outside in the Florida sunshine. They thrive and bloom just like your mandalas

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)