Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lenny step 2



Lenny is born on the 25th so for the five I picked the pentagram. Painted in the color light blue. 

It has long been believed to be a potent protection against evil and demons, hence a symbol of safety, and was sometimes worn as an amulet for happy homecoming.
Of course there is so much written on this symbol, some bad meanings as well. people are able to turn good symbols is bad ones. Best example is the Swastika, which is from the beginning a positive symbol. In Buddhist temples you see them a lot on the chest of Buddha. To us scary as we know the Swastika from one of the darkest pages in history.  I would never use it in one of my mandalas as I think this symbol is too much associated with bad things.
With the pentagram or pentacle (with a circle around it) I don't have negative associations with. I prefer it's positive and magical meaning.
It is drawn in one continuous stroke, earning it the title the "endless knot".



Have a nice Sunday :)

1 comment:

  1. How nice for you to still be in touch with friends from high school. I'm still in touch with one, but that's all. I'm sure Lenny will love the mandala you are designing for her - the meanings are interesting to me - totem poles, which we have here, have meanings to.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)