Friday, March 29, 2013

Demi

This week I finished a commissioned mandala I had to paint for Demi.
Just in time for her birthday tomorrow.
It was a lot of work to paint those 7 hummingbirds, but a joy as well.
I have used them in several of my mandalas and ATC´s before and you can read its meaning here.

Demi is born the 30th of March so in the middle I painted a yellow triangle , symbol of femininity  and water. Surrounded by 3 daffodils. 
Daffodils have meanings of faith, honesty, truth, forgiveness, and forthrightness. They are ever vigilant in returning each spring, and with their return we are reminded that their beauty is capable of following on the shirttails of even the harshest winters.
How true that is at this moment!
We have some daffodils in the garden they are trying hard to kick off Spring.
It is still Winter here. This is the longest winter I can remember so far.
We had 2 Spring days 5 and 6 March and then Winter came back.
Well next week the temperature will go up a little :)

Have a wonderful weekend

7 comments:

  1. Lucky Demi - I have my own special mandala from you too. Happy Easter and lotsa wfs dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh are all those flowers already in bloom where you live?? lovely. as is the mandala. wonderful colors and the hummingbirds are so special. happy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very beautiful and precisely executed, Marianne. I enlarged those hummingbirds : WOW. This must have taken a good bit of time. It will be treasured

    The colors are so soft: holy..

    Love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure she is thrilled with this mandala. I love the colors as well as all the symbolism. I hope you have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Hummingbirds are gorgeous....their wings are pure gossamer!
    You are a real magician, Marianne! Demi will fall in love with her Mandala... it sings SPRING!

    Hold on.....it REALLY is coming!

    Love to all,

    ♥ R ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Marianne!!
    Happy Easter my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)