Saturday, January 29, 2011

Step 1

Step 1
In the middle the yin yang symbol. This symbol represents the primal opposing but complementary forces found in all things in the universe.Depicted as it is, it also outlines the necessity of balance in all things.
I love this symbol, only by paintingit I feel the balance it is representing. I use this symbol a lot in my mandalas.
I started this mandala in December and I wanted to show you along the way the progress I was making. I know my friend Maureen reads my blog so I couldn't .
Today Maureen, her husband and Phos came all the way from Limburg to pick up his birth mandala.
I was good to see her again and to meet her son Phos, who stole my heart with his smile.
The dogs and some of the cats were very interested in him. He is a very happy little guy.
Tomorrow step 2......
Have a nice weekend!
♥♥♥

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure he loved his mandala!! Is it the one with the monarchs? OOps, don't want to give it away ;)

    Look at that baby! So sweet. No wonder his smile melted you♥

    I like seeing your mandalas stage by stage. Looking forward to the next post!

    xoxo
    Lo♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful start. I do wonder how you always seem to get it so perfect with it being even all around. Phos is one little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaawwwwwww marianne,

    gosh it's good to know you are back.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the symbol too, and the balance within, it's so calming to me. i'm so glad you are feeling well again marianne and that you were able to spend time with your friends. hi baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to watching you reveal this one, Marianne! Cute little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my what a gorgeous face Phos has and a winning smile too. He is precious. and lucky to have your beautiful manadala to mark his birth.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)