Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Animal Wednesday / Tineke


Tineke (17-05-1951)

My Mantra teacher turned 60 last week so I made her this birth mandala
I used violets and a poppy, because I know she loves flowers.
In one of the workshops I gave she made a mandala with only flowers and no other symbols.
I wanted to do the same, but somehow I just had to put the butterflies in (click to enlarge to find them)
I really don't like to make a birth mandala without a animal totem.

Tineke was very happy with her mandala and the butterflies, she told me that their was a butterfly on her birth announcement 60 years ago......... This gave her goosebumps.
I like it , when I find out I have picked out the right animal for someone.

The butterfly is about transformation. Butterfly fearlessly leaves the safety of its cocoon to meet a new world in a new form, trusting its untried wings to allow it to fly. It is a powerful symbol for anyone who's contemplating or in the midst of a major change. It is about bringing color and joy to our lives, learning to dance with joy as we make those changes in our lives transforming us and our lives.

Wishing you a colorful day filled with joy ;)
HAW!



12 comments:

  1. Really pretty! No wonder she is so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's just gorgeous - and wonderful that you have the butterflies in there. I'm not surprised that she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unglaublich schoen!

    You do have that wonderful ability to *sense* what will resonate with the recepient's soul.... a lovely and touching creation!!!!

    No "AW" for me....yes....another rehearsal...but next week, I hope to be able to post one!

    HAW!

    Love,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it is simply divine marianne!
    what a beautiful gift you made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Butterfly or Dragonfly... some of my very favorite subjects. This is stunning... no surprise! :)
    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so gifted when choosing an animal totem for people. I just love this mandala too. It is full of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so completely gorgeous, i am sure your teacher was beyond thrilled. you are so thoughtful marianne, this will surely be treasured. i'm amazed how you can determine a persons totem.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Marianne! I love butterflies, they are a wonderful symbol of rebirth. This is such a thoughtful gift! xo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, Marianne, and so thoughtful of you. I do see the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marianne, this is beautiful and I love the butterflies and what they represent. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous mandala and amazing story
    Thanks for sharing
    Johnina

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love does pictures of you guys and your action.
    Welldone.
    www.brainminded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.
Always love to hear from you :)